Witchy Woman

I never thought it was possible but there is a Republican who is actually worse than Sarah Palin.  Her name is Christine O'Donnell and in case you're unfamiliar with her special brand of insanity I've decided to create a blog about her.

Christine O'Donnell is a Republican and was the GOP's candidate for Senator of Delaware.  I don't think I have the strength or the depth of insanity to fully illustrate the degree of lunacy that Christine spouts with astounding regularity so I'm just going to list a few quotes from Mrs. O'Donnell and let you draw your own conclusions:

"I dabbled into witchcraft. I never joined a coven. (...) One of my first dates with a witch was on a satanic altar." (HUH?)

"American scientific companies are cross-breeding humans and animals and coming up with mice with fully functioning human brains."   To see an account of these horrific practices click here

"What's next? Orgy rooms? Menage a trois rooms?[Coedness] is like a radical agenda forced on college students." (In regard to co-ed dorms)

"We took the Bible and prayer out of public schools. Now we're having weekly shootings. We had the 60s sexual revolution, and now people are dying of AIDS."  (In regard to evolution being taught in schools rather than creationsim)

"During the primary, I heard the audible voice of God. He said, 'Credibility.'"   (How come God seems to be really interested in crazy people?)

"The Bible says that lust in your heart is committing adultery.  You can't masturbate without lust!" 

These are the type of people who are running for office in this country; don't worry she lost, I was initially going to "Thank God" but in light of her goofy statements regarding the voice of God I have decided against it.  Not only does O'Donnell believe that God speaks to her she also believed that he would intercede on her behalf; when asked about her rising popularity among voters and I'm assuming soon-to-be mental patients O'Donnell said the following: 

"The day that we saw a spike in the polls was a day that some people had a prayer meeting for me that morning for this campaign so I believe that prayer plays a direct role in this campaign and I always ask please pray for the campaign; please pray for our staff; please pray specifically that the eyes of the voters be opened." 

Well it appears that Christine and her ilke's prayers were answered as evidently many eyes were indeed opened on November 2nd when she lost to her opponent Chris Coons by a landslide margin.  In her concession speech, O'Donnell stated, "Our voices were heard and we're not going to be quiet now.  This is just the beginning.  We've got a lot of work to do."  Indeed, the Republicans and the Tea Party people do have much work to do including finding worthy candidates and perhaps enrolling in some remedial spelling and language courses, seriously have you read some of their signs?  "No Amensty!" "Obama, read the Constiuion!"  Some of them are damned laughable.  These Tea Partiers, by the way, are the ones who backed O'Donnell and attended her asinine speeches.

Another pearl of wisdom we've recieved from O'Donnell is her personal view that women should not serve in our nation's military.  Her reasoning for such a claim is that they would ultimately serve as a distraction to our men in uniform; this sounds like a Monty Python skit doesn't it?  I can just see John Cleese and Eric Idle dodging bullets while distracted drooling service men's rifles spontaneously fire at the sight of a busty young MP.  Of course we all know that the military forbids any fraternizing between its troops but if O'Donnell had her way the severely distracted soldiers wouldn't even be able to (clears throat) sharpen their focus manually.  Jesus, with Ann Coulter claiming women shouldn't vote, O' Donnell saying they shouldn't be allowed to serve in the military and both being against a woman's right to choose it's no wonder a party like the Republicans full of fat, old, billionaire sexists love these women. 

In regard to women like O'Donnell and Palin, South Carolina Senator Jim DeMint claimed, "When women or minorities get involved in politics as conservatives, they take a lot of hits from the press."  While I see his point I would like to say that maybe the reason Palin and O'Donnell suffer the slings and arrows of the "liberal media" is not because they are conservative women but more so because they are poorly educated, reactionary, bat-shit crazy conservative women.  Just a thought.