« EL 200: EOJ; Chapter 1, Moving the Media Cheese | Main | EL 200: EOJ Chapter 3; Producing a multimedia package »

EL 200: EOJ; Chapter 2, Online journalism: Elements of a digital story

"The practice of online journalism is much like cooking on Emeril Lagasse's show- one must kick it up a notch." (Rosales, p.4)
Is this chapter dedicated to me? It seems like it. When I took over the Setonian online, I had no clue what was in store for me. The process is not hard, just tedious. To make it vibrant and advanced, I will have to put more work in it than what has been done in the past. I will have to dedicate myself so many hours a week in order to bring it out of its little shoe box.
After reading this, short, chapter, I have gained a little more knowledge as to what I should do with the Setonian. I would like to animate Daniella's cartoons or do a slide show of the preproduction of the Setonian. There are lots of ideas in mind, I will have to take the next steps in order to execute them.

http://blogs.setonhill.edu/mt/mt_tb-awoisdlkfj.cgi/14379

I've found working with html to not be all that difficult. The tedious part comes when you have to try and find where the problem causing you to malfunction lies.

I definately recommend getting rid of the drab grey cover page of the Setonian Online. I know for me personally, its a turn off. Make the page exciting. I know I'd like to see a cartoon archive!