Huck is off to Hell

First of all I would like to open it up to anyone that could shed some light on the Bob and The Child of Calamity passage.  I read the footnote, but I feel as though I am missing the importance of it.  What was Twain trying to parallel by using these names? I tried to do a quick search, but all I received were summaries of the novel. 

"All right, then, I'll go to Hell"(257).

I took interest in Huck's development during this portion of the novel.  He already has matured a great deal and his compassion is shining bright.  Even so, he is still struggling with the battle between his conscience and society.  The society that he was raised in and then ran away from is proving to be full of hypocrisy.  I took particular interest in the passage where Huck is trying to decide what to do about Jim, who has been sold at this point.  Huck feels guilty for helping Jim and begins to pray for forgiveness, but soon realizes that his heart is not in it so he stops.  Huck assumes he stops praying because of his wickedness, which society always made him feel was the reason for his actions.  The actual moral action, freeing Jim, is causing this guilt.  His whole life society made him feel that his decisions were due to his rebellious nature, so why would this be any different? Well, this is very different! When Huck decides to go to Hell, he is actually going towards somewhere that could not be any farther from Hell.  Huck is about to undergo his first adult adventure and it will only help him grow even more and travel down his own river away from an immoral society.     

huck finn chapters 11-35