John Henry Days Presentation

Initially, I wasn't sure what angle I wanted to pursue with this presentation. I wasn't even sure I'd be able to find an article about John Henry Days. I wanted to do something with either the point of view or the way in which journalists are portrayed in fiction...until I came across an article about the book. 

In An End of Southern History: The Down-home Quests of Toni Morrison and Colson Whitehead, the author, William Ramsey analyzes two books--I'll admit I skipped the entire section on Toni Morrison, because it had nothing to do with my topic, but he had a lot of interesting stuff to say about Colson Whitehead's theme of post-modernism in John Henry Days. Ramsey asks a lot of thought-provoking questions, which I plan to ask the class on Friday. Basically, my topic for my presentation is both Post-modernism in John Henry Days and how Colson Whitehead deals with the actual story of John Henry. How is he portrayed in this story? The two subjects neatly fit together, and I'm eager to see how discussion develops from my prompting questions.

Although we've touched on this subject a little during class in the past few days, I still think that further discussion will benefit the whole class in analyzing the book as a post-modern book.

I'm going to focus on the last part of the book, but that won't be the only part that I analyze in my presentation. I just want to make sure we answer any still-pending questions about the novel. I also plan to touch on whatever my peers have been saying about John Henry Days.
Aja already blogged about part five in J. and John, which I'm already confident will fit nicely with my presentation. In one of my earlier blogs about John Henry Days, Holding Out for a Hero, I touched briefly on the subject of how John Henry is portrayed in this book.