Leaping Over Stepping Stones

"An analogy is the comparison of a subject to something that is similar to it in order to clarify the subject's nature, purpose, or function. For example, medical science often uses analogies to describe bodily processes, such as comparing the liver to a filter to explain its function of removing wastes from the bloodstream" (Hamilton 76).

Once again, I found a term that I not only see mentioned in what I'm reading, but I frequently see examples of it and never knew there was a technical name for it.Sometimes when I look up some of these terms and realize how simple their meaning is, I feel a like I am just walking over some basic steps that are necessary to literary criticism and just the study of literature in general. I feel like a doctor trying to evaluate a patient except that I never took Medical Terminology in college. Did I just make a small analogy? Maybe...

Bye

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Leaping Over Stepping Stones.

TrackBack URL for this entry: http://blogs.setonhill.edu/mt/mt-tb.cgi/19342