No More Please

"On the one hand, of course, increased literacy (if not substantially improved conditions of education) marked the generation of American women at mid-century, opening a vast market for a literature which would treat the contexts of their lives -- the sewing circle rather than the whaling ship, the nursery instead of the lawyer's office-- as functional symbols of the human condition" (Kolokny 196).

I felt like this essay was more of a history lesson than everything else. Maybe it was because everything I read is starting to all run together, I don't know, but I got some of what Kolokny was saying.

Some of the examples that were given about interpretations were decent explanations. I feel that I understand what was being said, but as I mentioned before in my other blogs, I'm not sure how to write a paper using reader response criticism. It seems like a lot of people are trying to use gender for their papers, but I would like to try something else, I just don't know what.

Go back

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: No More Please.

TrackBack URL for this entry: http://blogs.setonhill.edu/mt/mt-tb.cgi/19421