A Vampire that Doesn't Suck Blood

"That's what this figure really comes down to, whether in Elizabethan, Victorian, or more modern incarnations: exploitation in its many forms" (pg 21).

Vampire stories show that even the most pure person can succumb to darkness, but this is the appeal of these types of stories. We see someone who is pure brought down to the almost worst possible level. For more, this seems more realistic than someone who was already in the middle of the spectrum. Someone who was pure would have a harder time trying to resist since they may not now any better.

Kayla, I can see you are diving right into the blogging component of your courses. Great!

When I go directly to your blog and explore it from here, it's not clear what text you're writing about in which entry, and which class it's for. I think you're going to have a harder time assembling your work for your portfolios, and your peers may be more confused.

So, make sure to identify the passage, and somewhere in your entry, post a link back to the course page, like so

http://jerz.setonhill.edu/EL266/2009/09/foster_how_to_read_literature/

Jennifer Prex said:

I agree that it does seem to be more realistic that way. Someone who is pure is more likely to be naive than someone who is not. A pure character would fall prey much easier as a result.

Katie Lantz said:

I agree Kayla, but I also think a pure character would have a much harder time dealing with the consequences of their action internally. They would most likely fall prey easier, but I think they would have a lot of inner turmoil in doing so.

Kayla Lesko said:

Oh... oops. I'll have to go back and fix that. Thanks for pointing that out.

Kayla Lesko said:

I actually thought something along those lines but I forgot to include it in the entry.