And So it Comes to This...

No offense to anyone, but I'm not really into this whole blogging about literature thing. Don't get me wrong, I like reading and blogging (LJ), but it's not really all that great when I HAVE to do it. It sucks up time and I mostly have nothing to say on another person's entry. Sometimes I have nothing to say for my own entries and I have to go back and think of something. I do make an attempt but I just can't really get into it. Sorry.

Wow... I was going to post something exactly like this!! I could hug you!! I love reading - love it as if there was nothing better for me to do, but blogging on everything is slowly driving me nuts! I hate sitting at my computer for extended lengths of time. I don't even like watching tv for extended lengths of time! I would rather read a book for 5 hours than read and respond to blogs for 5 hours.
As for being time consuming... when you have 10 other credit hours (4 other classes) and the online course takes less time than the reading course - it gets frustrating. I feel your pain - completely. Just try to remember, it can only get better! :) and hopefully easier with time.

Kayla Lesko said:

Really? At first I thought about not making this post but then I was like: "What the hell, I'll do it." I just had to get my feelings out there and now that I did that, I'm going to try and keep up with all of this stuff. Even if I don't like it, I still have to do it.

really really. I was very torn as to whether or not to post something like this. I am so glad that I am not the only person wishing this was optional instead of manditory. It's rough, no doubt, and you're right - Ya gotta do whatcha gotta do.
We'll get through it :)

Kayla Lesko said:

You'd be surprised how many other people think the same thing.

I don't doubt that for a second.

Jamie Grace said:

I am one of those that feels the same. I think blogging takes up a lot of time that I could be doing something more productive and useful to my schedule. I am very short on time to begin with so blogging is hard to do. I agree 100% with both of you. But I am also a math major so writing and reading aren't something on the top of my list. Don't get me wrong, I love to read, but not these types of books. It's nice to know someone else is feeling the same way I am!

Essays and multiple-choice reading comprehension quizzes are just as artificial as forced blogging.

I've actually presented at conferences on the friction between voluntary social media (which purely builds community and lets people express themselves) and "forced blogging" (which, in the case of our class, is designed to encourage you to practice skills you'll need in your research paper).

I do hope, for your later blog portfolios, you'll continue to reflect on ways that you can make the most of the activity, and make it most meaninfgul fo you.