Punctuation .,?!

“We are like the little boy in The Sixth Sense who can see dead people, except that we can see dead punctuation.” (Page 3 Eats, Shoots & Leaves)

Truss is right in discussing punctuation; in today’s society punctuation is not emphasized enough. Therefore people lose sight of how to write, when they see incorrect punctuation on signs, billboards or even titles of Movies. This confuses society especially the younger generations whose lives are dependent more so on the media. The melting pot notion has directly influenced our language further than expected and needs to be considered when the discussion of how to punctuate is concerned. Lets not let our slang typing get in the way of our original written language in order to keep it strong. 

Stephanie Wytovich said:

I agree with your entry, but I'll def. admit that I'm horrible with grammar. Unlike our author, if it's used improperly, I'll either not notice it, or just not care.

Stephanie Wytovich said:

This is a very good point. I also sympathize with Stephanie; I am not very good with my grammar. If everyone decided to properly punctuate their work, signs and other things, our country would be more accustomed to punctuation so they could replicate it.