« EL 405 Blog Portfolio III... | Main | Stormy Knight....A True Guitar Hero »

Flash Project Update....Changes

Since my last attempt to work on my Flash show, I have made some signifigant changes to the project. The most recent things that I have edited appear below in two screenshots. The first screenshot is an example of the first scene in my show, and the second is a random middle scene. I have put in the forward buttons on each frame, but still have to import the back/rewind and stop buttons. I have put a button on the last slide that will allow the user to go back to the main screen where the first scene begins and the play button appears. I am having a hard time finding the buttons that match the one I have already used. The library is playing tricks on me I guess. At least I can say that finally I have overcome scripting buttons, and it is only a matter of time until the other ones are added. I chose green buttons b/c that is my fave color.

Pic212212.JPG

I have also changed the layout and color scheme of my show. Another thing I have done is made my pictures display in black and white with a frame around them. I just thought this made it look a little more creepy. I knew that the red background I was using before did not look that great so I changed it to black. Then I felt like there was too much of a contrast between the color photos and the dark atmosphere. The only logical thing to do was make the photos appear in B/W which I think added to the spooky - dead aspect of my zombie pics.

Pic25555.JPG
A concern that I have right now is that the mp3 that I have placed in the show is too long. The show itself is rather short and I would like to make the mp3 match this length. Is there any way that I can edit the content of the mp3 and shorten the song? am not sure what programs I would need to do this. It is a good 30 secs before the actual singing begins and prior to that we hear only a musical intro. The problem is that my show is barely 30 seconds long. I want the line "Living Dead Girl" to play earlier in the show.

Comments (1)

Leslie, there is a free, open-source audio-editing tool called Audacity. It's a big download, and the learning curve was a bit steep, but it's the tool I used when I created my Teletubbies flash animation.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Wikipedia also lists some alternatives.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_audio_editor

Post a comment

(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)

About

This page contains a single entry from the blog posted on November 11, 2006 8:28 PM.

The previous post in this blog was EL 405 Blog Portfolio III....

The next post in this blog is Stormy Knight....A True Guitar Hero.

Many more can be found on the main index page or by looking through the archives.