« Autotelic on autopilot | Main | Portfolio III: The End has Finally Shined its Light »

Progress report

Kayley and I are doing our project on The Boxcar Children a series of childrens books written by Gertrude Warner.

Gertrude wrote the first nineteen books of the series and then the series was taken over by different ghost writers, but always kept in Warners name. Kayley and I are going to discuss the intertextuality of these books, looking at the similarities and differences between authors and the structure of the books throughout the decades they have been written; the early seventies up until today.

Back to other projects

Jenna:

This sounds like an interesting project. I never heard of the series, so I am excited to learn about these books.

Jenna:

From yesterday's presentation:
I have heard of The Boxcar Children, but never read the books. You did a good job applying mimetic criticism with how the children used to be in charge so they work in the books. Also, I found it interesting that the pictures are darker in certain editions and that the language was simple for English language learners.

This page contains a single entry from the blog posted on April 23, 2009 12:26 AM.

The previous post in this blog was Autotelic on autopilot.

The next post in this blog is Portfolio III: The End has Finally Shined its Light.