Portfolio Two

Coverage and Timeliness:

The Significance of a Birthday - an in depth look at "Goodnight Desdemona (Good Morning Juliet) and how the birthday was a significant part of the book.

Sitting on the Fence - A look at the classic Disney princess theme from class and another entry about "Goodnight Desdemona (Good Morning Juliet).

Untrodden Politics - Yeats and Woodsworth poetry

Flaws Make a Story -  Chapter 12 for Roberts in which I examine how important flaws are to a story which allow the reader to make interpretations of the work

Empty Spaces, You're No Match for Me - A look at "Desert Places" by Frost and how Frost uses the word "lonely"

Animals for Everyone - The first entry for the Quick and the Dead in which I discuss animal references

Picking Daisies, Falling Into Chasms - The second entry for the Quick and the Dead in which I discuss Nurse Daisies' significance

It's Not Like Waking Up From a Dream - The third entry for the the Quick and the Dead where I try to figure out the ending

You'll Only Belong After Reading This Book - My review of a review for No One Belongs Here More Than You

Illumination - Roberts Chapter eight where I look at the importance of how images allow for mood setting

Passage of Time - where I attempt to find the meaning of Masefield's "Cargoes 1902"

Depth:

The Significance of a Birthday

Animals for Everyone

Picking Daisies, Falling Into Chasms

It's Not Like Waking Up From a Dream

You'll Only Belong After Reading This Book

Interaction:

Austen is brought back from the dead along with her books!! - Jessica Krehlik

-          I got a pretty good idea about the basis for the book

Foolscap...Hankie...Whate'er It May Be  - Jessica Orlowski

-          I helped Jess try to figure out the meaning of Constance's pet bird and provided a link to a song that was mentioned in the play.

John Crimmins...Resurected -Jessica Orlowski

-          I added to the discussion of J.C. and how he went from hating dogs to suddenly hating children.

Who Saw that Coming? We Did. - Josie Rush

-          I added to the discussion about Corvus and her significance to the story.

"Your work is only as good as your concentra...Hey look--A cloud shaped like Snoopy!" - Josie Rush

-          I added to the stream of conscious and then tried to explain the connection between Alice and Ray.

How many times is this going to be beaten into my brain? - Kayla Lesko

-          I quoted part of Roberts text to back up Kayla's claim and to make it more concrete of a claim.

Um...What? - Kayla Lesko

-          I referred Kayla to my blog and agreed with her idea, but expanded upon it.

Discussions:

The Significance of a Birthday

Animals for Everyone

Picking Daisies, Falling Into Chasms

It's Not like Waking Up From a Dream

Xenoblogging:

What Were You Thinking? - Michelle Polly

-          Michelle discusses the title of the Quick and the Dead and I try to help with the meaning by looking at the beginning of the book.

It's Repetitive, And Redundant. - Josie Rush

-          I questioned whether or not Frost needed to have all of the different types of the word "lonely" in his poem as well as the last line. A discussion broke out from there.

Wildcard:

Picking Daisies, Falling Into Chasms

-          This illustrates my ability to look at text and examine Nurse Daisy from The Quick and the Dead, even though Josie had some better ideas on the topic a discussion broke out that helped me understand the story better.