Learning to Read.... Again

I feel that these blogs give an insight into what I have learned in this class thus far. This portfolio shows my efforts to respond to the texts and give an insight into how my close reading improves. Before this class, I never did a close reading. It is a very different experience for and will be something that I plan to improve upon. 

Coverage
I made sure to do every blog that was assigned in this class and I did quite successful with this. This is a list of all of my blogs since the beginning of the semester:
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost 
After Apple Picking by Robert Frost 
How to Read Literature like a Professor by Thomas C. Foster
Not so creative are we?
Oh Mrs. Myrtle Why so Weary?
Judge Literature like a Painting
No Sympathy Here
Is that a FACT Mr. Foster?
Insight into the Past
Animals

Timeliness
Most of my assignments were on time. Unfortunately, sometimes unpreventable scenarios occur that make timeliness a bit of a task. Here are the entries that I have turned in on time:
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald 
The Road Not taken by Robert Frost

After Apple Picking but Robert Frost 

How to Read Literature Like a Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Not so creative are we?
Oh Mrs. Myrtle Why so Weary?
Is that a FACT Mr. Foster?
Insight into the Past
Animals

Interaction
I had only a few blogs that I responded back to a person who wrote a comment. I do have a goal for the next portfolio to make sure more of mt blogs can be put under this category. 

No Sympathy Here This blog was my best one when it comes to interaction. I responded to two people in it.
These other two did not spark as much interest for a complete response, but I did still respond to the comments:
Judge Literature Like a Painting 
Animals

Depth
The blogs in this category are the ones that I really took the time to really question the text. I had many questions to brings about as well as many opinions and I brought them about in these two blogs:
Is that a FACT Mr. Foster?
Oh Mrs. Myrtle Why so Weary?

Discussion
These are some of the student's blogs that I commented on. Although none of them seemed to spark a great deal of conversation, I feel that I made a good point on these ones:
Andrew Adams:One Story? C'mon
April Minerd: Flexibility 
Alicia Campbell: Out of Options... That were never there

FYI, the "No Sympathy Here" entry isn't linked...

Otherwise, great blogging and a great portfolio. Yes, when you have the chance it will be good if you could respond to the comments students leave on your blog, because that will help conversations develop. However, you're still showing that you're putting serious effort into your blogging and getting a lot out of it as a result. Good work.