Some respect

" All right, then, I'll go to hell" and tore it up. It was awful thoughts, and awful words, but they was said. And I let them stay said; and never thought no more about reforming. I shoved the whole thing out of my head; and said I would take up wickedness again, which was in my line, being brung up to it, and other's warn't." (ch. 31)

At the beginning of the letter it almost seemed like Huck was going to do something good and tell Miss Watson where Jim was, then you finish and see he was only trying to get money from her. Tearing up the letter shows a little respect for Miss Watson, but Huck, as he says only knows wickedness. I think Twain makes Huck an interesting character because of the behaviors he has at the age he is supposed to be. If kids during our time left on raft trips down the river, there would be a search party out in a few hours. But Twain allows Huck to behave older than his age and with that he shows Huck trying to do more complex things that normally only adults would do, like extortion.