It's been a long day and I feel like writing.

So normally my Mondays are horribly long and tiring, but today was an interesting day on all accounts.  I woke up and went to History of Western Art II, then to EL150. You would think that having only two classes would be a pretty easy Wednesday but oh no. Wrong you are my friend.  My little over achieving ass decided that I was going to spend 4.5 hours at the museum today and do research on our next big exhibition "Painting in the US." Since I finished the Bienal work 2 weeks ago, I've been doing constant catalog work for this exhibition and let me just say that any exhibition that has Mr. Dali in it is well worth my attention!

So after that I came back around six or so, and got myself ready to go to English Club's second event.  It went really well.  All of our speakers were  fantastic. Karissa Kilgore spoke about her struggles as a free lance writer, but then told us all the cool advantages there are to it.  She gets to make her own scheduling, do her work in her pjs (hahaha) and basically be her own boss.  Diana Geleski then spoke to us about how much internet and website programing in general has helped her advance her English Degree. I'm not going to lie, but that kinda scared me, because let's just say that I'm pretty retarded when it comes to technology.  I mean if I didn't have my boyfriend, who is going to be an mechanical engineer, to teach me all the ups and downs and inside outs of computers and funky devices, I would be totally lost.  This makes me think that maybe taking Writing for the Internet  or some basic computer programming courses wouldn't be such a bad idea if they are going to benefit me in the long run.

So I got back to the dorm room about 9:30ish and decided that now that my day was completely over (not to mention that I couldn't even think about starting homework yet), I engulfed myself in guitar hero with my future roomies (love you girls). I don't know what it is about that game that entices me, but wow.  It might have to do with my slight addiction to video games or the fact that I have a secret desire to be a rock star (hahahahaha) but when my life gets stressful, there is nothing like sitting down and playing a fake guitar to make you feel awesome. I guess the point of this random blog entry is the following:

1. Dr. Jerz has got me completely addicted to blogging, and I'm finding out that it isn't so bad after all.

2. Writing is my stress reliever.

3. Guitar Hero is awesome and I wanted to share it with the world.

4. Mostly, I think I'm just becoming addicted to blogging.

Peace.

While I will introduce some very basic coding in Writing for the Internet, the course really focuses on something you can already do well -- writing. If you'd like to take a look at the online syllabus for when I taught it in 2006, you'll find it here.

http://blogs.setonhill.edu/DennisJerz/EL236/2006/syllabus/