A Broken Heart

Hey all, this is something that I started writing back awhile ago. It's not totally finished with it Once in awhile I will sit and try to write a poem, especially when I a m sad, so here goes some effort to my poetry.

A Broken Heart
My heart's shattered pieces;
Fall into my hand.
I watch in horror;
As they begin to bleed.
Blood pools around my feet;
My heart was once filled with joy.
Just to hear him speak;
Sent it into a flutter

If you are reading this, tell me what you think, just don't be too harsh. Writing creative stories is more my thing :-)
Here are a few of my favorite poets, Emily Dickenson, Longfellow, Robert Frost
Read and Enjoy! :-)

Man, do I feel dumb, some how I managed to put my new entry in the nmj site, oh well, at least i'm laughing at myself and my dumb mistakes, well, have fun reading both sites. I think I will go hide for awhile now. ;-)

I don't think it was dumb... there's nothing wrong with posting your creative work there if you want to share it. Have you connected with some of the other blogging poets? Tiffany Brattina and Stephan Puff have recently posted poems. Have you read the Eye Contact call for submissions?

http://blogs.setonhill.edu/EyeContact/001839.html

Tiffany said:

Wow Dr. Jerz, thanks for the recommendation.

Sue, I love reading and writting poetry. It helps me find out what exactly I am feeling. I never plot out how a poem is going to be or how it is going to turn out. Sometimes, I'll start a poem and never finish it. Any who! You are more than welcome to come and check out what I have written! Stephan is also an awesome writer, and we have completely different styles. I prefer to rhyme and he prefers the abstract, so it's an experiance either way!

Tiffany

Rebecca said:

Suzie Q! You stole my idea way before I even got a blog, you evil woman you ;) Good poem. Look at my blog, eventually, for a poem or five. Laters!
~Rebecca Villano

Rebecca said:

~Rebecca Villano

Firefighter Chica said:

Again.. I really enjoy romance or break up items like this. Very descriptive and moving, touches me harshly.Great job!

Kristen said:

I really enjoyed this poem, and found it to be moving. I loved the descriptions and the imagery it provoked. I wish I could write poetry this well, but it's not really my thing. Good job!