Pro-Life Girl

This past thursday I spent the entire day in Washington DC participating in the March for Life.
Eleven of us left here at 5 in the morning to go to travel with a bus load of people from St. Vincent. After traveling for several hours, we managed to get lost, but fortunatly managed to get to D.C. on time. In order to get to the spot where the march would begin I had my very first ride on the metro. Quite exciting, aside from the gental rocking, it didn't seem like we were moving at all.
As we arrived near the capital I was awe over how many people were there. Not only that, I was surprised to see so many colleges there. There are so many girls that I know that are pro-choice, they would have an abortion at the drop of a hat.
During the march people did cheers:
like one group of girls : what do we want - Babies!!
how do we want them - Alive!!!
Many people were holding all kinds of different signs. My friend Carmen held a sign in which said Life is Precious with a picture of Gollum on it.
It was amazing looking ahead of our group and behind the group and seeing an endless sea of people.
After walking a mile and becoming totally numb do to the cold we ran for the bus. What was great about the ride back was that people actually brought movies along for entertainment. It made the hours fly by so much faster.
After getting back here at school after 11 I fell exausted into bed, having been up since 3 in the morning.
Even though I missed classes (something I never do), I'm glad I got to go. It was cool to be out there with all of the other pro-lifers standing up for something I believe in.