Diamond Age

I was reading Tiff's site and I got to thinking about Diamond Age. I have to agree with her. It's really not that bad of a book.
When I started reading it I was really fasinated by the Lady's Illistrated Primer and Nell herself. Every time I read I am very tempted to skip ahead to her part. I love that even though she comes from a horrible background, she has this wonderful book that is teaching her about things and how to do things and the such.
The other thing that I find really interesting reading about in the book is Miranda. When I was little I always wanted to be an actress. To this day I still have a fasination with acting. One thing that I found really interesting, and I would have to say one of my favorite parts in the book, is that Miranda is the one that is the illistrater for Nell's book. I love how they are tied together.
Besides the fact that finding out how Miranda and Nell are connected, my one of my other most favorite parts is when Miranda tells Nell Dinasaur's story. I anticipate hearing about the rest of the night friends.
Even though I don't find Judge Fang and Hackworth that interesting, I really like how things are starting to tie together. I also think it would be really neat to see if Nell grows up by the end of the book.
Even though this isn't my favorite type of book to read, its always good to read/try everything at least once.

Hackworth becomes more involved in the surrounding action later on in the book... Hackworth and his own daughter (grown into a young lady) visit a theatre company, in a scene that I'm planning to discuss in class... when you get to it, let me know what you think.