Spring Break

Yeah, I know its getting a little late to write about spring break. I went to Kentucky (Habitat for Humanity) over break. It was a really great week, yeah there were a few bad moments, but that happens.
Anyways, the 20 of us were split up into three groups to go off and do our own projects in which were assigned to us. I worked with an amazing group. I"m sure everyone felt that way this past week. There was so much wonderful teamwork and camaraderie going on. The first two days we built a ramp for a guy who had cancer. The sad part was that after we built it we found that that this man (he had been in the hospital will we were building) was probably not going to be coming out of the hospital. A lot of us were extremely sad about this and some what disappointed. One thing that I am glad about is that our work didn't go in vain. His parents live in this house as well, and they are getting on in age, so it will be a good use for them.
All 20 of us stayed in a renavated jail, haha, we were in the slammer for the week, quite the experience. There were only three showers in the place and only two actually gave out hot water. Everyday was a race to the showers. It definatly interesting. I think all of us learned to value our own hot showers back at home and school.
One of the best experiences during the week in Kentucky was when we went to this place called Natural Bridge. I was made from wind and rain. It was just an awesome experience. I can't wait to get my pictures developed to experience it all again.
Yeah, what I found very funny is that I managed all week to stay away from injuring myself. We came back last Saturday and I managed to sprain my ankle (hense to why I have been limping around all week.) Yeah, I was with a guy friend of mine, who I happen to like and I fell and felt so dumb. Since we were walking alway to Browlee to watch a movie I had to be all tough and not cry. Next time I fall hopefully nobody will be around for that.
Anyways, I think I have really rambled myself into a long blog. Maybe I should keep it up.

Amanda said:

Don't feel too badly about falling in front of someone you like. Have you ever read those Why Me things in mags?

And I have had some terrible times tripping up stairs. I was never given the grace God gave a donkey. Anyway, I am glad you had a good time.

Thanks for the account. I heard everyone was going, but I didn't know what happened. I plan on coming back from my New York trip with many, many stories. Tee hee. Come visit sometime. I am sure to be back here. :-D