Leave of Absence

I just read Karissa's entry about having to leave school for a little while. I know you are going through a hard time Karissa, but I'm glad that I'm not the only one to have to say goodbye for a little while.
Right now I feel like a failure, I didn't succeed in getting enough credits, due to having to drop a class, I can't get finanical aid, which means I can't get back to school until January. I feel frustrated and disappointed in myself. I looked so forward to coming back. I really enjoy school and learning. I hate that I once again have another set back.
If all goes well, I will be taking classes at a community college, and then coming back in the spring. Unfortunatly I had to push back my plans to study abroad. Hopefully I will be going in the fall of 2005.
Besides taking a few classes to catch myself up. I am hoping to get my license, pray for me on wednesday, and getting a better job that won't totally cut my hours. One good benefit I guess is that all of the other college students will be heading back to school, so I might find some decent jobs out there.
Also, I wanted to get this out now before I forget. Tiff - since I will be coming back to school in the spring, I will be able to go along on the habitat for humanity trip. I am hoping that you can keep me posted on what's going on. And if Cindy talks about spots for it, make sure she saves a spot for me. I am really hoping you read this. I think I also might get in contact with Carmen and a few others as well.
I will try to blog once in awhile, so I am hoping that Dr. Jerz doesn't totally kick me off of here. I will probably be taking some of your classes in the spring anyway.
I know none of you really give a fig about me but I figured that I would get this out there for more myself than anything.
Oh yeah, Karissa, I hope you will be able to work things out and come back too. You are a fun and inspiring classmate to work with. :)

I'll look forward to your return in the spring, Sue, and good luck on your license test.

Amanda said:

It just isn't true that no one cares about you leaving.

I am very sorry that you are. I hope that you do keep blogging despite your absence. I would love to hear what another college is like in comparison to Seton Hill.

Julie said:

You'll be back -- you're a very strong person, and you'll make it work. :)

Vandye said:

You'll be back! You've always pushed ahead and made it through all obstacles thrown in your way! Good luck, and take care of you!

Karissa said:

Sue! Thank you for the kind things you said about me. I hope that I can come back, too--and that you'll be there when I'm back. I'm glad to see you're blogging. I'm sure that despite all this, you're going to be better for it. Don't let this set you back.

Good luck on your test! You can do it! (I just passed mine -last- Wednesday! :^)

Tiffany said:

I'll let her know Sue. But I'm sure if you call her and let her know as well she will definetly save you a spot.