Azar Nafisi Lecture

I went into this lecture not really knowing what I was going to hear, I just knew that I had to go. I'm really glad that I got to hear this amazing speaker. I thought she had a lot of great things to say. I do have to agree with Bethany that it was encouraging to hear someone encourage people to read and write. Bethany is right when she says that this stuff is usually looked down upon, especially among us english majors.
It's so hard to just pick one thing that stuck out in my mind. "One good thing about books are the connections that they make." I think this is so true. I think a lot of books whether it's fiction or non fiction, help us to connect to things that have happend in our lives, other people's lives, or just different situations and circumstances. Not only do books give us connections but they give us knowledge as well, I love that she came out and said this. I really think that people need to be encouraged to read, it's not always a bad thing.

Other Thoughts