DAY 2: Roma

DAY 2: ROMA

·      Vatican

o   Vatican Museum is located within the city limits.  The museum house thousands of statues and works of art.

IMG_0271 IMG_0270 IMG_0273 IMG_0275 IMG_0286 IMG_0287 IMG_0285 IMG_0283 IMG_0282 IMG_0274

o   The Vatican also has a spiral staircase designed by Guiseppe Momo in 1932.

o   The Sistine Chapel is also found within the Vatican.  The ceiling was created by Michelangelo and is one of the most astonishing things that I have ever seen.  The Last Judgment is known as his crowning achievement.  I enjoyed seeing how he made the images look three dimensional as if they were coming out of the ceiling towards you.  It is an unremarkable experience that I cannot even explain. 

IMG_0296 IMG_0293 IMG_0292 IMG_0289 IMG_0290 IMG_0288

·      St Peter’s

o   From the Vatican we walked to St Peter’s were Pope Francis was giving a small mass and blessing the public.  I was a very interesting experience. I was also extremely crowded. 

IMG_0299 IMG_0300 IMG_0307 IMG_0308 IMG_0309 IMG_0305 IMG_0303 IMG_0312

·      Trevi Fountain

o   The Trevi Fountain was commissioned by Pope Urban VIII and designed by Bernini.  The Trevi Fountain was finished by Guiseppe Pannini in 1762, but he didn’t completely fallow Bernini’s design.  There is a tradition that to make a wish and throw a coin into the fountain.  It is believed that your wish will come true and you will be ensured a return trip to Rome. 

IMG_0325 IMG_0324 IMG_0326

8 Responses to DAY 2: Roma

1. Allan Boyson says:

I simply want to tell you that I am just newbie to blogs and definitely enjoyed your blog site. Most likely I’m want to bookmark your site . You certainly have outstanding well written articles. Thanks for revealing your web site.

2. view says:

Very interesting info !Perfect just what I was looking for! “The most wasted day of all is that on which we have not laughed.” by Sbastien-Roch Nicolas de Chamfort.

3. Only wanna state that this is extremely helpful, Thanks for taking your time to write this.

4. sportsurge says:

I am only writing to make you know what a magnificent encounter my child gained reading your webblog. She noticed a lot of pieces, most notably what it’s like to have a very effective helping character to make folks smoothly know just exactly specified tortuous topics. You really exceeded people’s expected results. Many thanks for providing such valuable, safe, edifying as well as fun tips on the topic to Mary.

5. Greetings from Carolina! I’m bored to death at work so I decided to check out your blog on my iphone during lunch break. I love the knowledge you present here and can’t wait to take a look when I get home. I’m amazed at how fast your blog loaded on my cell phone .. I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyways, great site!

6. visit here says:

Enjoyed examining this, very good stuff, appreciate it. “We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip little by little at a truth we find bitter.” by Denis Diderot.

7. I just want to mention I am new to blogging and site-building and seriously enjoyed this web site. Almost certainly I’m going to bookmark your blog post . You actually have tremendous article content. Thanks for sharing with us your blog.

8. Howdy! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow you if that would be okay. I’m absolutely enjoying your blog and look forward to new updates.