DAY 5: Firenze

DAY 5: FIRENZE
• Uffizi Gallery Museum
o Unfortunately no cameras were allowed in the Uffizi. One of the most unremarkable experiences was seeing The Birth of Venus. I was more mind-blowing in person than in any textbook or and online picture that I have ever seen. We also observed a lot of Mary and child paintings, go figure…

IMG_0519 IMG_0520 IMG_0521 IMG_0522 IMG_0523 IMG_0525 IMG_0528 IMG_0529IMG_0541 IMG_0540 IMG_0539 IMG_0538 IMG_0537 IMG_0536 IMG_0535

• Monastery
o Wall fresco’s were illustrated in each of the rooms by Fra Lippi. This were painted so that the monks had a focus point while praying.

IMG_0542 IMG_0543

• That night before dinner we had a very educational wine tasting at Pino’s wine basement that used to be part of an old prison. It was a very interesting space and surprisingly I learn a lot about bruschetta, salami, cheese, balsamic, and wine… Sight, smell, and taste.

IMG_0544 IMG_0545 IMG_0550 IMG_0549 IMG_0548 IMG_0547

4 Responses to DAY 5: Firenze

1. I just want to mention I am beginner to blogs and seriously liked you’re website. Very likely I’m going to bookmark your website . You absolutely have fabulous article content. Bless you for sharing with us your webpage.

2. I’ve observed that in the world nowadays, video games are definitely the latest trend with kids of all ages. Many times it may be impossible to drag your son or daughter away from the games. If you want the best of both worlds, there are lots of educational video games for kids. Good post.

3. Thanks for another great article. The place else may anybody get that type of info in such a perfect means of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I’m at the look for such info.

4. You made some good points there. I looked on the internet for the issue and found most people will approve with your blog.