Stephanie Wytovich

WytovichSeton Hill University English major Stephanie Wytovich is now the poetry editor for Raw Dog Screaming Press, a book reviewer for Nameless Magazine, and the author of several poetry books.

Wytovich got both of her positions through networking events. She was first introduced to Raw Dog Screaming Press at a poetry reading. She started talking with the publication team, one thing leading to another, and she now works on their editorial team. She also has two poetry collections, Hysteria and Mourning Jewelry, published with company. A third collection, An Exorcism of Angels, is due out next year.

She met the staff of Nameless Magazine at the World Horror Conference in Salt Lake City, UT in 2013. They had read her work before, and mentioned that they were looking for a reviewer for the magazine. She sent them her publication credits and CV, and she has worked with the magazine ever since.

Besides poetry, Wytovich also writes flash fiction, short stories, and novels. “I’m writing something every day,’ said Wytovich. Her debut novel, The Eighth, will be out early next year from Dark Regions Press.

During her time at Seton Hill, in both the English undergraduate program and in the MFA Writing of Popular Fiction program, Wytovich said she has ‘met some of my heroes, had the chance to work with fabulous and well-respected mentors, built strong friendships and comraderies and made lifelong connections within the business and within my personal life.”

“[SHU] gave me the skills and confidence that I needed to work within the publishing industry and succeed. In this day and age, one simply can’t be just a writer. One needs to be a businesswoman as well, someone who is able to market, advertise and sell both her work and herself as an artist,” said Wytovich. “My education at Seton Hill University made me a triple threat as a poet, a novelist, and an editor, and I couldn’t have done that without the program’s assistance.”

Stay connected with Wytovich on her blog, or follow her on twitter @JustAfterSunset.